The Isobel Family Centre (IFC) is a state of the art family centre for families of children and young people with sensory impairment to:
• Have a family friendly, accessible place to come to meet others informally, access resources and connect with others
• Engage in activities with each other specifically designed to allow full participation and access.
• Access specialist advice and professional support services from an interdisciplinary team of professionals.
• Develop friendships and networks which benefit the entire family.
The IFC is a setting where our specialist advice and professional support service work in partnership with families, having a significant impact in providing integrated support and advice. It provides an environment to bring together local support services for hearing and visually impaired children and their families in a fully accessible environment.
Additionally there are spaces throughout the centre to provide for professional development, training and workshops in family centred best practice in the intervention, support and education for children with sensory impairments.
All of these activities aim to build confidence and competence in the families whilst providing a welcoming and family friendly environment.
Explore the adjoining pages to find out more about
• Activities and services available to your family
• Facilities available for use by your family, community organisation or community members
• Ways you can become involved in the family partnership model here at The Isobel Family Centre.